Friday, March 06, 2009

A Bedtime Prayer

The kids have been very excited, because my dad (i.e. Grandpa Homer) is staying with us while he is working northwest of Valliant for several weeks. The kids love getting to hang out with their grandpa. They really love that grandpa brought his 4-wheeler with him for work, but of course, he gives the kids rides on it when he's home before dark! Katherine and Sebastian get along wonderfully with my dad, and it is a joy for me to watch them all together.

Now my dad has his little quirks like all of us do, and the kids certainly enjoy pointing those little things out to him. It's actually funny since it's usually the same things I pointed out to my dad when I was little. I guess some things never change! Anyways, when I told Sebastian that grandpa would be staying with us he remarked " I love grandpa, but he's crazy!" We both laughed about it.

So Wes was tucking Sebastian into bed the other night, and they were going to pray. Here's how one of the prayers went and I'll let you guess which one said it...

Dear God, thank you for...You and um, Me...My dad...And my mom, grandpa, and Uncle Dean; even though, they're crazy!"

I sure do LOVE him!


No comments: