Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Verses of Scripture

This week has been hard for me. I'm feeling very behind and buried under a pile of tasks that I don't have the energy or interest in completing. After spending some time reading & mediating over God's word I am beginning to see today differently.

Below are just a few of the verses of scripture I read today.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever. Psalm 136:1

Search me, O god, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! Psalm 139:23-24

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, his God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100

Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, & purify your hearts, you double minded. James 4:8

No comments: