Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sebastian Moments


Being a mom is most wonderful job in whole world! However, there are days that those precious children can and do drive me crazy! Read on and Enjoy.

Sebastian is my sweet and loving little boy. When you pick him up he will usually lay his head on your shoulder and give you a hug. Sometimes he will rub or pat your back too. He will crawl up and sit in my lap, and I deeply cherish these times. When Sebastian wakes up in the mornings he will come into my room and sweetly say "momma". It is such a precious little voice! He will nod his head yes and say "uha" while running into the kitchen when I ask him if he wants breakfast. At times he will stop playing and come into the kitchen and just smile at me before heading back to play. These are all precious moments, and I try to tuck them away in my memory.

Sebastian has accomplished the challenge of opening doors. He can open all the doors in our house including the pantry door. More than once Sebastian has decided he was hungry and gotten into the pantry dumping whatever he was eating onto the kitchen floor. So far I have vacuumed cheerios, kix, rice chex, and nilla wafers up. Sebastian also loves to climb. Apparently, the dining room table looked like a good challenge for him, and he accomplished it. My very accomplished son loves to take baths. I discovered that he can climb into the bath tub on his own. He was sitting in the bath tub with a couple bath toys and his shampoo bottle. He was attempting to shampoo his hair. Needless to say, he did get his wish for a bath!

As I look back on these moments and tuck them away into my memory, I realize what a wonderful gift I have been given in being Katherine and Sebastian's mom. There are days when everything flows wonderfully and others where I wonder if I will make through the next hour, but I would not trade being a stay at home for anything. I am very blessed to have Katherine and Sebastian and oh how I love them so!!!

No comments: