Monday, March 12, 2007

Deb's Take


For those of you who read Reason for the Hope, this is my take on Back in the Saddle Again.

When Wes and I married he enjoyed umpiring baseball, and it was also a part-time profession for him. During our first year of marriage he umpired spring ball in Michigan before accepting a professional position umpiring in an independent minor league. Wes chose not to return to professional umpiring after our first year of marriage, because he and I were apart much of the time. (Just a note here...this was his decision not mine.) Wes continued to umpire college games in Michigan and Texas before God changed Wes' direction, along with mine!

After ten years, Wes the umpire is back! Many things in our lives have changed since then, but the excitement in his eyes when he's packing his umpiring bag is still the same. He enjoys it and that makes me very happy.

Please join me in prayer that God will use Wes in a new way on the baseball field.

No comments: