Thursday, August 28, 2008

Crazy Summer (Part Six)

During the last week of June I was busy catching up on laundry and housework; Wes was getting back into work; Katherine was attending Outrigger Island vacation bible school at First Baptist Church, Valliant; and Sebastian was enjoying being home and playing with his toys.

On Wednesday, July 2nd, the kids and I drove to my brother's apartment in Arlington, Texas. On Thursday, July 3rd, my brother, Dean, took us to DFW where we met up with my dad. My dad, Katherine, Sebastian, and I flew to Cleveland, Ohio and then drove to Smithville, Ohio, to my dad's eldest brother's house. We were there for the Jentes Family reunion taking place on Saturday, July 5th.

Katherine & Uncle Dean at the airport

Sebastian at the airport play area

My Uncle Charles, my dad's eldest brother, took us flying in his Mooney. Katherine always loves this and Sebastian always passes on this opportunity. My uncle asked "Who wants to go flying?" and Sebastian's response "I do, but not with you!"

Katherine getting into Uncle Charles' plane

"Ready to go"

Looking out the window while flying over Wooster & Smithville, Ohio

The Jentes family reunion was held at Earl & Robin Jentes' farm. It was a beautiful day to gather with family. The kids enjoyed some swimming, jumping on the trampoline, and other various activities.





Sebastian is pulling the wagon

On Monday we drove back to the airport in Cleveland to fly back to Dallas. Dean picked us up at the airport, and we spent the night at his apartment.

Sebastian sleeping on the plane ride home next to his grandpa

Katherine asleep on mom's lap!

No comments: