Saturday, May 22, 2010

Interesting Observation

Last fall I had a garage sale where I began getting rid of the baby items I had been keeping in the storage building behind our house. Wes was so thrilled for me to finally part with the kids crib, toddler bed, and ten or so plastic totes full of kids clothes. I ended up having a successful garage sale last fall, but only because a friend (who was also having a garage sale that day in Valliant) sent people out my way. Sometimes living outside the city limits is nice, but it makes things a little challenging if you're trying to have a garage/yard sale.

This weekend a friend, who lives in Idabel, was having a garage sale and offered to let me bring a few things (i.e.: the infant carrier/car seat & stroller I didn't want to part with last fall) over to her sale. I loaded up my truck with the rest of the baby items, clothes, and some household nick knacks that had been packed in plastic totes since our move from Wynnewood to Valliant four and a half years ago. There were several small decorative items from early in mine & Wes' marriage and a few ceramic bears & things that had been my mom's. None of the items had any sentimental value anymore and it was time to get rid of them.

Today when I began helping my friend pack up the items that did not sell at her garage sale I noticed something very interesting. My decorative nick knack items sold EXCEPT those that were my mom's. This stands out to me, because last Thursday, May 20th, was the 13th anniversary of my mom's death. Last Thursday was also the day I priced all the items I would be trying to sell. I don't believe in superstitions or signs, but I do find this very interesting. And, I will be keeping those little ceramic bears for a while longer. :-)

No comments: