Monday, September 04, 2006

Favorite Time of Year


One of my favorite times of the year has arrived... College Football Season!!! I grew up in Texas where football is a BIG deal. Not to mention, my father is a huge Dallas Cowboy fan, and I have two uncle's who played college football. I could either hate football or embrace it. I admit for a time I did not embrace it, but by the time I hit high school I found myself enjoying the game. After high school I discovered I missed going to football games and thus began my appreciation for college football. It still took several years, but I began to fall for the college football rivalry. Being from Texas the big rivalry was University of Texas vs Texas A & M. I began to cheer for the Aggies. I had several friends who where attending there, and one who even played some football for them. Texas A & M was just a school I had always been interested in, but it was not where I choose to attend college. I am not a true Aggie, but am an Aggie at heart! Gig'em Aggies!!!

Katherine and Sebastian are my little aggies in trainning. Katherine can already sing the whole Aggie War Hymn. She was able to recongize the A & M logo before she was two. When Sebastian was born, he was delivered by an Aggie! Katherine has been helping me cheer on the Aggies for several seasons now, and this year Sebastian can join us. Katherine and I have been teaching him the Gig'em hand signal. He's just about got it!

No comments: