Friday, December 26, 2008

Kenney Christmas 2008

This year our family was blessed to be able to have my family (Homer, Dean, & Diane Jentes) all in our home. It had been four years since we were together at Christmas.

With everyone here on Christmas Eve, Katherine, Wes, and Sebastian made chocolate chip cookies to leave for Santa. (Sebastian lost interest before I thought to take a picture!) The cookies were very good and all gone by the 26th!

The kids had everyone up and opening gifts at 7 AM. I think we unwrapped the last two gifts just before 8 AM.

I love to watch the kids open their gifts and the excitement they exhibit. I was very proud that Katherine and Sebastian seemed to get excited over what the other one received as well.

Katherine read the Christmas story from The Jesus Storybook Bible on Christmas eve as we all sat together in our living room. After Katherine finished Wes read out of Luke 2 from the Bible. My dad then prayed, and it was wonderful time to reflect and focus on what we were really celebrating.



The rest of the day was spent being together as a family and truly enjoying each other.

By 6 PM it was just the four of us again.

No comments: