Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Unusual Thanksgiving

Wes, the kids, and I planned on spending another Thanksgiving in Ardmore, Oklahoma, with the Banks family, but circumstances changed those plans. Instead my dad (Homer) and brother (Dean) fixed a very nice Thanksgiving meal for me and my family at our home. I was returning home from having had surgery, and they were helping take care of Katherine and Sebastian. They stayed through the weekend, and even though I was recovering we enjoyed a nice time of being together and watching some football.

Katherine was out of school the week of Thanksgiving, and she & Sebastian spent a couple days with some friends from church before my dad came. The kids had a wonderful time there.

On Monday, December 1st, Linda Kenney flew from Grand Rapids, Michigan, to spend a few days helping out with the kids and spending time with us. It was a blessing to have her as well.

There is always something or someone to be thankful for and this year I've been reminded of that over and over! I am truly blessed, and I hope you took time on Thanksgiving to praise God for all the things you have to be thankful for.

No comments: