Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jentes Reunion & Adventures

The kids and I enjoyed our visit to Ohio last month. The purpose of our trip was to attend the Jentes family reunion. My dad's family holds this reunion every two years on the farm where my dad & his two brothers were raised. The dairy farm is now owned and operated by one of my dad's cousins who have been gracious enough to hold this event for the last 12 years. My dad, brother, sister, and I attended the first reunion together back in 1998, but we hadn't all been back until this year. Two years ago the kids & I flew up with my dad, and I blogged about it here.

Katherine & Sebastian were once again treated to a plane ride with their great Uncle Chuck, and the next day they had an opportunity to ride a horse. I took them to play at the elementary school and the Smithville park before they spent some more time with their grandpa Homer. I was able to reconnect with some of my cousins, and even had some time with my brother & sister. I was so blessed to be able to have this time with family.

Here is a short video of our fun.

No comments: