Monday, October 12, 2009

Reality

I am tired of pretending I have it all together. I don't. I struggle spiritually. I don't read my bible daily as I should, and my prayer time usually takes place in the shower. I've started more personal bible studies than I can count and I think I've only finished one. I am a minister's wife, and I struggle to tell people where to find verses or stories in the bible. I struggle with bitterness and anger. I yell at my kids, and say things I shouldn't. I give in to gossip. I have financial problems. I show up with a bad attitude and spread it to others. I'm selfish. I am a sinner!

The good news is God sent Jesus to earth to die on a cross for the sins of the world. Then He rose from the grave, so those who confess with their mouth and believe in their hearts can be saved. (Matthew 1:18-25; Mark 15 & 16; Romans 10:9-13)

I'm not the spiritual prayer warrior I want to be. I don't have the spiritual maturity, wisdom, and knowledge that comes with studying the Bible daily, but I want these in my life. I desire to be broken for change in my life. I desire to be a godly wife and mother to my husband and two precious kids. I desire to be part of a prayer meeting where each one of us is united in prayer with a brokenness for each other and the unsaved of our families, friends, and others around the world.

Let's get real and honest!

3 comments:

Jules said...

I totally get what you are saying, girl!! I am constantly struggling with anger lately. I wish it wasn't so but it is. It's the truth. I am finally learning to give it to God but it's been a slow process of breaking old habits. And the "perfect" idea, it drives me crazy! I am so guilty of thinking other people are perfect and have it so together and I, on the other hand, mess up so much! So, I feel such guilt for not being perfect! Crazy! We are all sinners and no one is perfect. Thanks for the reminder and for being real. That's ALWAYS refreshing to know!

Anonymous said...

Why do people think just because you are a preacher's wife that you are perfect?? Why do you think because you are a preacher's wife you should be perfect???
Well, Debbie, you are NOT and never will be!! BUT you are a child of God's and only in HIS eyes are you Perfect.... and that is all that matters!!! HE loves you just the way you are!! I love you just the way you are, as do others that know you!! We need to be better than we are... and one day we will be!! It is hard when you have a family to raise to find the time for yourself and God! But only you can find that time... and you can do it!! You just have to close the door and say this is GOD and Me time...Leave us alone!!
And like you...I want to have that serious prayer time with others...lets start that..others will join!!
I love you, Debbie just as you are!! and you know what....GOD loves you imperfections and all!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Debbie, that last post was from me...Arline. I just realized that I had to post it Anonymous!! And I hope I said what I wanted to say right and without hurting your feelings!! I just wanted to say I love you as do many others... and I know for a fact that GOD loves you just the way you are!!!!