Sunday, October 11, 2009

TV Show, Smelly Dishrag, & A Lesson


Sebastian was running around the house in his Superman pajamas, and Katherine was lying on the couch watching TV. Extreme Makeover Home Edition was now playing on the living room and kitchen TV's. I was standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes and feeling frustrated. The dishrag I picked up to use was old and smelly. It had been washed, and I'd only used it once. I began thinking how I needed to purchase more kitchen dishrags, and about how it seemed there is always something that we need. I was bummed that I don't have all the things I need want.

It was about that time I started watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition. All of the sudden God reminded me how much I do have. I saw the conditions the family was living in and realized I've never had to live in conditions such as those. Here I am feeling frustrated over a smelly dishrag while standing in a beautiful home provided by God. At that moment I stood in my kitchen and began to thank God for the situation I'm in rather than complaining about it, smelly dishrags and all!

God continued to bring to my mind all the ways He's provided and blessed our family and extended family. I praise Him for His sinless life, dying on the cross for the sins of man, rising from the dead, and saving my poor wretched soul.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks for writing this! I have really been struggling in this area, lately. Just seem to be in this "funk" that I can't get out of. Reading this helped so much!!

I love the way God speaks to us, sometimes. It's all in the details!

~Love,
Julie

VC said...

Amen - I too am so blessed.