Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Haircut

Today was an important day in Sebastian's life. He received his first offical haircut. I had been trimming the length in the back for several months, but it was now long on top and needed professional attention.

First, I must tell you that I am not known for being sentimental. (I know for some of you this will be a great shock!) My husband is the more sentimental one. For this reason, he insisted that Sebastian have is haircut at a particular barber shop. I would have been perfectly happy to have it cut where Katherine and I get our hair cut or at the local barber in Valliant. However, I indulged my husband's wishes.

My husband, Wes, had his very first haircut at the local barber shop in Wright City, Oklahoma. We currently live about ten miles from this barber shop, and so we took Sebastian to the same barber shop. Sebastian probably sat in the same chair where Wes sat during his first haircut.

Sebastian received his "First Haircut Certificate" filled out by Johnny Wilson of Slaters Barber Shop in Wright City, Oklahoma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After I talked with you on the phone, I figured there were probably pics on your website of the haircut. Sure enough. What a cute picture, and a cute little boy. How fun to use Wes's original barber!

Love you all.

Grandma Linda