Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Chef

My wonderful daughter, Katherine, has taken to cooking. She's been helping me prepare some meals recently and she really enjoys it. The menu on Monday night called for Swedish meatballs. I wasn't feeling well that day and Wes offered to go pick up a pizza for dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. (What a sweet & thoughtful husband I have.)

Anyways, I had already thawed the beef and knew Katherine was really excited about the meatballs. She had ask me earlier if she could help make dinner, so I decided to let her actually make dinner for us that night. Now, there were a couple things I didn't let her do like cut & mince the garlic & onion or put the meatballs in the oven; however, she did do most everything else. She did an excellent job and it tasted great. (Well, I actually didn't eat any, but Wes said they were great!)

So tonight we were having meatloaf and Katherine was right in the kitchen making most of it. I think the only thing I did was the chopping and putting the pan in the oven. She said "Mom, can I pretend I'm the chef and you're helping me?"

She not pretending. She's doing great, and I'm so proud of her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Katherine can peel potatoes - she did for me and really enjoyed helping. VC

Debra Kenney said...

When she noticed the potato peeler in the drawer she told me it was just like the one she used at your house. It met with her approval since it was like yours. :-)