Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Words to Treasure

Last Easter Katherine received the NIrV Adventure Bible Book of Devotions for Early Readers. She has enjoyed reading the stories on her own, but this year I decided to make it apart of our morning routine.

The scripture reference was out of Ephesians today and since we're learning the books of the Bible I ask whether Ephesians was in the Old or New Testament. They both got thoughtful looks on their faces and then I noticed Katherine quietly singing the songs we're using to help us memorize the books of the Bible. Sebastian finally says "New" with a big grin on his face. I knew he was guessing, but since he was right I just praised him for the correct answer.

After our devotion I opened my Bible to Ephesians 6:1 and began reading. I stopped at verse 4. It struck me and I couldn't get past it.

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

God is impressing that verse on my heart today. Do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

No comments: