Thursday, January 14, 2010

Still, My Soul Be Still

In June, 2008, I first heard of Keith & Kristyn Getty and ever since I've been a fan of their music. The lyrics are theologically sound and not driven to emotional repetitiveness. I love that the Getty's strive to write theologically sound lyrics instead of just writing about Christian ideals or a good sounding story to music. I love that my daughter enjoys listening to and singing the Getty's music.

This morning I want to share the lyrics to Still, My Soul Be Still, because God has been using it in my life.

Still my soul be still
And do not fear
Though winds of change may rage tomorrow
God is at your side
No longer dread
The fires of unexpected sorrow

God You are my God
And I will trust in You and not be shaken
Lord of peace renew
A steadfast spirit with me
To rest in You alone

Still my soul be still
Do not be moved
By lesser lights and fleeting shadows
Hold onto His ways
With shield of faith
Against temptations flaming arrows

Still my soul be still
Do not forsake
The Truth you learned in the beginning
Wait upon the Lord
And hope will rise As stars appear when day is dimming

gettymusic.com

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hey girl, thanks for this, I really needed it today!! Things have just been rough lately but it helps SO much to have such wonderful and supportive friends! I don't know if we will be able to make it tomorrow, things have been not good lately so it's kind of hard to say?? Anyway,we would love to be there but we will just have to see how things go. Hopefully, everything will straighten itself out soon!!

Thanks for being such a great friend!

Love you!